Tally Climate Action Tool (tallyCAT) Public Beta
The Tally Climate Action Tool (tallyCAT) beta public release is now available for download.
tallyCAT is a free and open-access Revit plug-in that supports the export of material quantities from Revit to EC3 and allows synchronization between them. It is powered by the EC3 database, and enables users to select materials based on project needs, assess embodied carbon reduction opportunities, and produce charts and reports from within Revit.
tallyCAT gives you a fully functional Embodied Carbon in Construction Calculator (EC3) inside your Revit project.
- Export material quantities from Revit into EC3
- Identify each material (concrete, steel, gypsum…)
- tallyCAT starts you with a reasonable guess
- User should refine each material search
- Evaluate climate impact based on product specific 3rd party verified EPDs.
- Visualize hot spots and biggest carbon reduction opportunities
- Generate graphs and reports
- Synchronize between Revit and the EC3 model in the web
- Annotate your Revit model & components so you can reuse your work
- Save libraries of materials and assemblies for future use
tallyCAT currently supports Revit 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, and 2023. To install, download the MSI and double-click the file to install it. We expect tallyCAT will also be available shortly from the Autodesk app store.
tallyCAT is in ongoing development by C Change Labs, Perkins & Will, and BuildingTransparency. We gratefully acknowledge the financial support of the Province of British Columbia through the Ministry of Energy, Mines and Low Carbon Innovation, which made creation of this tool possible.