Tally Climate Action Tool (tallyCAT)
The Tally Climate Action Tool (tallyCAT) Community Edition is available for download. You can also download it from the Autodesk App Store.
tallyCAT is a free and open-access Revit plug-in that supports the export of material quantities from Revit to EC3 and allows synchronization between them. It is powered by the EC3 database, and enables users to select materials based on project needs, assess embodied carbon reduction opportunities, and produce charts and reports from within Revit.
tallyCAT gives you a fully functional Embodied Carbon in Construction Calculator (EC3) inside your Revit project.
- Export material quantities from Revit into EC3
- Identify each material (concrete, steel, gypsum…)
- tallyCAT starts you with a reasonable guess
- User should refine each material search
- Evaluate climate impact based on product specific 3rd party verified EPDs.
- Visualize hot spots and biggest carbon reduction opportunities
- Generate graphs and reports
- Synchronize between Revit and the EC3 model in the web
- Annotate your Revit model & components so you can reuse your work
- Save libraries of materials and assemblies for future use
tallyCAT currently supports Revit 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023 and 2024. To install, download the MSI and double-click the file to install it. tallyCAT is also available from the Autodesk app store. Both versions have the same functionality and updates, except that the Community Edition can be installed without Admin permissions. We do not recommend installing both.
tallyCAT is a free sustainability plugin by BuildingTransparency.org, a Washington State environmental charity.
- Software development by c-change-labs.com
- Developed in partnership with Perkins+Will.
- tallyCAT Library Browser original design courtesy of the Design Technology Team at ZGF Architects
- tally® original design courtesy of KT Innovations
- We gratefully acknowledge the financial support of the Province of British Columbia through the Ministry of Energy, Mines and Low Carbon Innovation.