BuildingTransparency.org is partnering with Bentley to integrate the infrastructure digital twin platform
- iTwin Platform - with EC3.
The Bentley iTwin platform is an open, scalable, vendor-agnostic platform-as-a-service offering that
enables developers to create and bring to market solutions that solve real infrastructure problems by
leveraging digital twins.
Mapping/Grouping; Exporting quantities to EC3 from a Bentley iTwin platform digital twin
To integrate with the iTwin Platform, refer to API integration documentation at
The API will let you export reports from the iTwin Platform to EC3.
- Create logical groups such as Structural Concrete design elements, Architectural elements, etc., using the Grouping and Mapping workflow
- Create a report containing desired mappings; the report and associated mapping should contain all quantities relevant to your desired carbon calculation and the material.
- Acquire an access token from EC3 using their APIs
- Setup EC3 upload configuration
- Export the report using an EC3 Job
- Upon completion of the export, visit the EC3 portal to view the results.